Smokey Orange Bell Pepper Pasta Sauce
3 orange bell peppers
2 shallots, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup tomato paste
3 tbsp + 3 tbsp Caramelized Garlic EVOO
1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 tbsp Feta and Herb Dipper
2 tsp Chili Verde Sea Salt
2 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Slice each bell pepper in two, remove the seeds, and place, cut-side down, on a foil-lined baking tray. Roast peppers for 45-50 minutes until charred. Turn oven off and leave peppers inside to soften as oven cools, about 20 minutes.
2. Remove peppers from oven and allow to cool slightly. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook until soft and slightly browned. Add tomato paste. Add 1/2 cup vegetable broth.
3. Once peppers are cooled, remove their skins. Add roasted peppers to a blender along with the contents of the saucepan. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour blended pepper,onion, and garlic back into saucepan and place over medium heat.
5. Add remaining cup of broth and season with dipper, salt, and red pepper flakes. 6. Add heavy cream and stir until well combined.
7. Enjoy sauce immediately with pasta, or store in the fridge for up to a week. (Makesabout 2 1/2 cups of pasta sauce!)