Baked Chimichurri Fish Bowls
These fish bowls are packed full of flavor! We topped our cilantro lime rice with spicy white fish and on top of that is our home made chimichurri sauce.
1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, shredded
Handful fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp Tangy Tangerine Vinegar
1 tbsp Sicilian Lemon EVOO
1/2 tsp Lime Sea Salt
1/2 cup Cilantro EVOO
1/8 cup Chianti Red Wine Vinegar
1 cup packed Italian parsley
1/2 cup packed cilantro
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp Black Garlic Sea Salt
FISH AND RICE
4 (5oz) white fish like cod or halibut
4 cups cilantro lime rice
1. Prepare the slaw, slice or shred the cabbage as thinly as possible, julienne carrots and chop cilantro.
Combine the cabbage, carrot, cilantro, vinegar, oil, and salt in a bowl. Stir to combine. Let the cabbage sit for at least 30 minutes to soften, stirring occasionally.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the chimichurri in a food processor or blender and pulse until the herbs are finely chopped.
3. Begin preheating the oven to 400ºF. Place the fish steaks in a baking dish. Spoon half of the chimichurri over top, reserving the other half for drizzling over the bowls after baking. Bake the fish for 12-15 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
4. To build the bowls, place one cup cilantro lime rice in a bowl, top with a heaping cup of the slaw and then place the baked fish on top. Drizzle some of the remaining chimichurri over the entire bowl and enjoy!
1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice
1/2 lime, juice of lime and zest
2 cups water
2 tsp Lime Sea Salt
3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
4 tbsp Cilantro EVOO
1. In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt.
2. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover about 15 minutes.
3. Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute.
4. In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, zest, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed.