Spaghetti de la Hood
Recipe Adapted from Snoop Dogg's 'From Crook to Cook' Book
1 lb Ground Sirloin
1 cup Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
1 tbsp Parmesan Asiago Dipper
2 tsp Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
1 cup Onion, small diced
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 cup Red Wine (We used 19 Crimes Cali Red Blend)
1 6oz can Tomato Paste
1 tsp Sugar
1 tbsp Wild Garlic Herb Blend
1 Bay Leaf
2 28oz Cans Whole Tomatoes
1 pkg Spaghetti
1. In a bowl, mix together the beef, breadcrumbs, parsley, dipper, salt and pepper. Roll the meat balls into about 12 ping pong size balls.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat in a dutch oven. Add the meatballs and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until there is a nice sear. Turn the meatballs and cook another 3-4 minutes. Remove from the dutch oven and set aside.
3. Add the remaining olive oil, add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until they begin to become translucent. Add the garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds before pouring in the red wine. Let the wine simmer until it is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the tomato paste, scraping up any bits stuck to the bottom of the dutch oven. Add in the sugar, wild garlic blend, bay leaves and whole tomatoes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Add the meatballs back to the sauce, cover and simmer another 30 minutes. Meanwhile cook your pasta in heavily salted water according to the package. Strain the pasta about a minute before they are cooked. Add to the pasta sauce.
6. Serve with fresh Parmesan and Garlic Bread.