Lemon Blueberry Tart
Lemon Shortbread Crust:
¼ cup Sicilian Lemon Olive Oil
¼ cup melted unsalted butter
Pinch of VANILLA BEAN SEA salt
1 cup of flour
1 tsp of vanilla extract
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp Meyer Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
Lemon Zest (1 lemon)
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup of blueberries
1 tsp Meyer Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp granulated sugar
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
Recipe Blueberry Compote:
1. Place blueberries, Meyer Lemon Balsamic Vinegar, and granulated sugar into a small saucepan on medium heat.
2. Mash together for 2 min.
3. Add the corn starch and lemon juice to the mixture and continue to mix for another minute.
4. Remove from heat and let sit until needed. Lemon Shortbread Crust: 1. Preheat oven to 350F. 2. Mix the olive oil, butter, vanilla extract, sugar, and salt together in a medium bowl. 3. Slowly add in flour and mix until combined. 4. Press mixture into a tart pan evenly, making sure to place on both the bottom and the sides of the pan.
5. Place in oven for 15 min or until the edges of the crust are slightly browned.
1. As the crust is baking, we can make the lemon filling
2. Mix the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolk, Meyer Lemon Balsamic Vinegar, lemon zest, and lemon juice together in a medium bowl until smoothly combined.
Now let’s combine everything!
1. Once crust is done pull out from the oven and poke holes all around the base of the crust using a fork (helps filling stick!).
2. Pour filling over hot crust and add dollops of the blueberry compote to the top (no need to use all).
3. Using a knife or a toothpick, swirl the blueberry compote around the top of the filling.
4. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the center has a slight jiggle.
5. Chill in a refrigerator until cold all the way through and enjoy!