Blackened Asian Salmon with Pan Roasted Bok Choy
Simple, healthy and delicious this recipe will quickly become a household staple.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes - Total Hands-On Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 2 - 4 servings
1 lb Salmon, cut into individual portions
1 tbsp Sriracha Sea Salt
3 tbsp Black Garlic Tamari Soy Balsamic
1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Black Garlic Shiitake Rub
2 tbsp Roasted Shallot Olive Oil
2 heads of Baby Bok Choy, cleaned & stems separated
1 tsp Sriracha Sea Salt
1.Clean the salmon and pat dry. We like to remove the skin prior to cooking but this is a personal choice. Season with sea salt and set aside.
2. To create the sauce, combine the Black Garlic Tamari Soy Balsamic, Toasted Sesame Oil and Black Garlic Shiitake Rub. Stir to combine and set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Drizzle with Roasted Shallot olive oil.
4. Add the bok choy and sprinkle with Sriracha sea salt. Place the lid on the pan to steam for about 5 minutes then remove and set aside as the fish cooks.
5. Add another 1 TBSP of Roasted Shallot olive oil to that pan.
6. Once hot, add the salmon fillets and sear each side for 1 minute. Drizzle the sauce over each side of the salmon and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes per side.
7. Remove from the pan, arrange alongside the bok choy and serve! Enjoy!