Sweet Smoked Chile Beef Kebab
1lb of Beef, Filet, Tenderloin or Top Sirloin
1 1/2 Tbsp Sweet Smoked Chili Rub
16-20 small Shiitake Mushrooms, stems removed
1 Red Onion, Large Dice
8-10 Grape Tomatoes
1-2 Tbsp Roasted Shallot Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp Australian Flake Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
8-10 Skewers, 6”
2 tbsp Chimichurri
1. Cube the beef into 1” cubes and toss with dry rub, 1 tsp salt and black pepper. Refrigerator for 20 minutes to over night.
2. 30 minutes before you are ready to assemble the skewers, soak the wood skewers in water. And toss the mushrooms, onion and tomato in 1 tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper.
3. Skewer a piece of beef, followed by a mushroom, piece of onion, tomato, beef, mushroom and onion. Repeat until all the skewers are done.
4. Place the skewers on a aluminum foil line sheet pan and broil on high for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
5. Before serving drizzle with a little olive oil and chimichurri if using