Move over starbucks! Check out Ampersand's take on the Lemon Loaf.
1 & 3⁄4 Cups flour sifted
1 Cup sugar
1 & 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp australian sea salt
Two lemon zested
1⁄4 Cup butter melted
2 Large eggs
1⁄4 Cup Sicilian lemon olive oil
1 Cup sour cream
Juice from half a small lemon
2 Cups powdered sugar sifted
3 Tbs lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 & Line a bread pan with parchment paper or non stick cooking spray
2. In a mixing bowl whisk together dry ingredients flour, sugar, baking
powder, sea salt and the zest of two lemons, Set aside dry mixture for later
3. In a small bowl, microwave 1⁄4 cup butter until melted let cool
4. In another large bowl or standmixer, add the wet ingredients
5. Beat 2 eggs together until smooth, add the olive oil, sour cream, and lemon
juice. Add melted butter and mix all together until combined.
6. Add half the dry ingredients to the wet and mix then add the rest trying
not to over mix but until everything is incorporated.
7. Pour batter into the bread pan and smooth the top to be as even as you
8. Bake at 350 for about 45 to 55 minutes checking every so often. After 45 minutes are up, take out of the oven and check the bread with a
toothpick. If cake batter comes off on the toothpick put back in the oven
for about 10 minutes and check again.
9. Once bread is done let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before taking the bread out of the pan.
10. To make the glaze put 2 cups of powdered sugar in a medium bowl so you don't have lumps in your glaze.
11. Add 3 tablespoons of your lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of lemon balsamic into powdered sugar and mix if needed, keep adding until the
glaze gets to a consistency that easily runs off the spoon.
12. Add half of the glazed to the bread and smooth out evenly and let run down the sides. Once the glaze has hardened alittle add the rest to the cake and smooth feel free to spread the glaze along the sides
18. Optional: I added Some more lemon zest to the top of the cake for presentation.