3 Tbsp Caramelized Garlic EVOO
1 Onion, chopped
5 Carrots, diced small
5 Celery Stalks, diced small
6 slices Thick-Cut Bacon, diced
2 lbs. Stewing Beef, cut into ½ -inch cubes, patted dry
¼ cup Flour
3 Tbsp Herbs De Provence
2 cups Beef Stock, hot
2 cups Red Wine
1/2 tsp Black pepper
1 Tbsp Miscuglio Dried Herb Blend
½ lb. Mushrooms, diced
Sel Gris Sea Salt, to taste
1. Place beef in a Ziploc bag with the flour and Herbs De Provence. Shake to coat.
2. Add Caramelized Garlic EVOO to dutch oven over med-high heat. Once oil is heated, add beef to pan and brown on all sides (work in two batches if needed to avoid crowding).
3. Remove beef and set aside. Add onion, carrot, celery, and bacon and cook until veggies are softened and bacon is browned.
4. Skim off any unwanted bacon fat and add stock, scraping bottom of pan to lift any browned bits. Return beef to stew and add wine along with pepper and miscuglio herb blend.
5. Simmer very gently for 2 hours. Add mushrooms and cook 30 minutes more.
6. Season with sel gris sea salt and serve aside risotto, pasta, boiled potatoes, or crusty bread. *Note: this stew is even better the next day.