Earl Grey Lemon BluebeRry Muffins
1 cup whole milk
3 Earl Grey tea bags
½ cup Sicilian Lemon EVOO
Zest of one Lemon
½ cup honey
1/4 cup packed
light brown sugar
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 egg yolks
3 cups all-purpose FLour*We love almond flour, it adds a fun texture & nutty flavor
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla Bean Sea salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 Cup Bluberries
4 TBS sugar
1 Cup Water
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line muffin tin.
2. In a small saucepan, bring the milk to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat, then immediately remove the pan from the heat—do not allow the milk to boil. Add the Earl Grey tea bags and steep for about 15 minutes, then discard the tea bags.
3. In another small saucepan, boil the swirl ingredients together and turn down to a simmer, simmer until thick.
4. In a large bowl, combine the Olive Oil oil, honey, brown sugar, zest, yogurt, vanilla, egg, and egg yolks and stir until evenly mixed and pale in color.
5. Add the steeped milk and stir to combine. Add 3 cups of the Flour or almond flour, the baking powder, and the salt and stir until just combined. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter, taking care not to over mix (otherwise the batter will turn blue). Divide the batter evenly among the muffins cups, ﬁlling them three-quarters of the way full.
6. Put 1 tbs of blueberry swirl jam on top. Take a tooth pick and swirl it into the batter.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Eat them while they’re hot!