We make our Lasagna with the most delicious and creamy Besciamella sauce. Gone are the days of cottage cheese stuffed lasagna. We promise you won't regret making this scratch made lasagna.
2 1/4 cup Whole Milk
4 TBS Unsalted Butter
1/4 cup flour
pinch of Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
1 TBS Parmesan Asiago Dipper
pinch of nutmeg.
1 Cup Grated Parmesan
3 Cups of Besciamella
1 package of fresh mozzarella
Directions for Besciamella:
1. In a small saucepan warm milk - do NOT bring to a boil.
2. In a medium skillet, melt the butter and and the flour, you want to brown the butter and flour toasting it nicely to cook the flour. About 5-8 min.
3. slowly add the warm milk, whisking vigorously.
4. Add the dipper, a couple scrunches of pepper, and nutmeg, stir for 10-15 min on med heat until thickens. **You may need to add a little more milk if it gets stiff, to thin it out"
Directions for Lasagna Heat oven to 375:
1. grab a 9x13 inch casserole dish and add a little bit of Ampersand ragu (click to get recipe) to the bottom of the pan.
2. add lasagna noodles *PRO TIP* Use noodles from Ampersand OR grab 'oven' ready noodles. layer ragu, Besciamella, parmesan cheese, noodles, ragu, besciamella, parmesan cheese until you have 3-5 layers.
3. Top off with fresh mozzarella and the rest of the parmesan cheese.
4. Bake in oven for 30 min until golden brown. You may need to broil for 3-5 min at the end.
5. Let rest for 15 min this will allow for perfect cuts.