Makes 4 Sandwiches
1 Jalapeno, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Carrots, sliced or cut in matchsticks
1/2 cup Cucumber, sliced or cut in matchsticks
1/2 cup Daikon Radish, sliced or cut in matchsticks
2 Garlic Cloves, smashed
1 tbsp Whole Peppercorns
1/2 cup Rose Wine Vinegar
1/2 cup Water
1 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Thai Ginger or Black Garlic Sea Salt
1/2 Cup Mayo
1-2 tbsp Sriracha
2 Green onions, thinly sliced
1 1/2 lb Pork, Chicken or Beef
1 tbsp Shichimi Togarashi
1/4 cup Black Garlic Tamari Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup Toasted Sesame Oil
2 tsp Thai Ginger or Black Garlic Sea Salt
1 Baguette, cut to the desired length
1. Place the jalapeno, carrots, cucumber, daikon, garlic and pepper corns in a bowl or large jar. You can do the jalapenos in a separate container if you want. Whisk together the rose vinegar, water, sugar and salt, pour over your veg. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using, but best if you can wait 24 hours. (These can be stored in your fridge for up to 2 months).
2. Thinly slice your protein and put in a bowl or ziplock bag. Whisk together the shichimi togarashi, balsamic, oil and salt. Pour over the meat and toss till everything is well coated. Marinate in the fridge for 1 to 24 hours.
3. Heat up a large skillet over medium high heat, add your protein and cook through.
4. While your meat is cooking, mix up your sriracha mayo and toast the bread.
5. To assemble the sandwich: spread the mayo on each piece of bread, put a generous amount of cilantro, followed by a layer of the pickled vegetables and then a few pieces of meat. Enjoy!