2 C cooked white rice (basmati or jasmine), preferrably day old
1 pound of shrimp (15-20 count / pound)
1 TBSP Black Garlic Shiitake Rub
2 TBSP Chicken Broth
1 TBSP Fish Sauce
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 - 15oz can pineapple chunks (reserve the juice)
1/4 C Roasted Shallot Olive Oil
1/2 sweet onion, julienned
1 red pepper, julienned
1 egg, beaten
1 TBSP yellow curry paste
1/2 C cashews
1 tomato chopped
2 scallions, chopped into 1/2 inch lengths
1 TBSP hot sauce
2 TBSP Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar
1.Combine the shrimp and rub. Let set for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
2. In a small bowl, combine broth, fish sauce, brown sugar and juice from pineapple can. Stir until sugar dissolves and set aside.
3. Heat oil in hot 12-inch skillet (or wok), add onion and red bell pepper. Cook until onions and peppers start to soften, about 3 minutes.
4. Add egg and cook until set.
5. Add yellow curry paste and mash with the back of a spoon to combine.
6. Add shrimp and cook until they are pink (about 5 minutes). Add rice, pineapple chunks and chicken broth mixture. Stir to combine all flavors. Finish with cashews, tomato, scallions, hot sauce an vinegar to taste.