This recipe includes all the great Mediterranean flavors that veggie lovers will enjoy! Finished with a mouthwatering Olive Tapenade spread and garnished with fresh basil.
Great as a main meal or a side dish with some roasted lamb & our Tzatziki Pice mix & greek yogurt.
Prep Time:20 minutes - Cook Time:40 minutes - Total Time:60 minutes
Yield: 4-6 People
- ¼ cup Olive Tapenade Dried Herb
- 1 tsp Dark Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 1 Tbsp Frantoia Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Panko Breadsticks
- 1 Tbsp (Parmesan Asiago or Garlic & Herb Dipper)
- 1 Large Eggplant, sliced ¼” thick
- 2 Large Eggs, beaten
- 2-4 Tbsp Olive Oil (Caramelized Garlic or Tuscan Herb)
- 2 Large Tomatoes, sliced ¼” thick
- 8 ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp chopped Fresh Basil Leaves
Preheat the oven to 375℉.
Prepare Olive Tapenade with ¼ cup hot water, dark balsamic vinegar, olive oil and set aside.
Mix the breadcrumbs with dipper and set aside.
Soak each eggplant slice in the beaten eggs and dredge in breadcrumb mixture until each side is coated.
Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in pan, once hot add eggplant slices and fry for 1-2 minutes until each side is coated.
Arrange eggplant on a baking sheet or dish. Layer eggplant with one slice of mozzarella cheese and top with a tomato slice. Sprinkle with Parmesan or Romano cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 40 min.
Remove foil and spoon Olive Tapenade over the top of each eggplant. Bake, uncovered, 5 min.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and garnish with fresh basil.