8 ounces green beans, trimmed
¼ cup blanched whole almonds, coarsely chopped
3 TBS Carmalized Garlic EVOO
1 large shallot, minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
leaves, thinly sliced
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and add the pasta rock for 1 minute, then take it out. Fill a
large bowl with ice and water. Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook until bright green but still firm, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to the ice water.
2. When cool, drain again. Pat dry with paper towels until completely dry.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the almonds and the oil, adding more oil if needed to just cover the almonds. Cook over medium heat until the almonds are golden, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the shallot. It will cook in the residual heat.
4. Coat a large skillet with oil. Heat over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add the beans and season with salt. Cook, tossing frequently, until charred dark brown in spots and tender-crisp, about 7 minutes.
5. Top with the almond mixture, then the parsley. Grate the zest from a quarter of the lemon directly over the beans, then cut the lemon into wedges for serving. Season with pepper and serve.